Braintree Town 2 Dartford 2 match report - Iron surrender two goal lead

PUBLISHED: 14:47 09 August 2017 | UPDATED: 14:47 09 August 2017

Billy Crook scored for Braintree. Picture: STEVE WALLER

Billy Crook scored for Braintree. Picture: STEVE WALLER

© Copyright Stephen Waller

Vanarama National League South

Braintree Town 2

Dartford 2

The Iron had to settle for a draw in the end against their old adversaries from Dartford in a highly entertaining and lively encounter which turned out to the proverbial game of two halves.

The first half certainly belong to the Iron who dominated the game, scored two exceptionally good goals and they could have had a couple of more before the interval while the second half belonged to the visitors who managed to haul themselves back in the game to earn a share of the points.

Iron manager Brad Quinton though said he was really disappointed not to have won the game as it felt more of a loss than a draw and a point.

“We played well throughout and should have won it and I think we scored a perfectly good third goal early in the second half which in my view the referee wrongly ruled out for a foul,” he declared. “We could than have gone three goals up and I think that would have made such a difference.

“But having said that we again gave away two sloppy goals in the second half which obviously put them on the front foot,” he added. “We know what we have to work on now before our home game with Chippenham on Saturday and that is to take our chances and stop giving away silly goals.”

The Iron scored on 35 minutes in a sweeping move up field which led to Karl Olyide firing home.

Two minutes from the interval the dominant Iron had their second goal and it came from the penalty spot after Elliott Bradbrook handled a fierce shot in the area, leaving Bill Crook to calmly slot home the spot kick.

The visitors, reorganised with a couple of substitutions after the break, hit back and on 65 minutes they pulled a goal back through Tom Murphy due to some slack marking at the far post by Iron defenders.

They pressurised the Iron for a spell and ten minutes later they equalised, again through sloppy defending across the box by the Iron defence, allowing Bradbrook to make amends for giving away the penalty as he drove the ball home from close range.

Newsletter Sign Up

Green Un tri-weekly newsletter
Sign up to receive our regular email newsletter

Our Privacy Policy

Most read

Show Job Lists

Championship League table

League One table

Local business directory

Our trusted business finder

Property search

e.g. Oxford or NW3
Powered by Zoopla
MyDate24 MyPhotos24