December 4 2013 Latest news:
Monday, January 21, 2013
Football writer Sian Trimble-Davey looks at today’s hottest football rumours.....
- Chelsea – Everton manager David Moyes is said to be under the watchful eye of Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich as he looks for a replacement for current manager Rafa Benitez.
There have been nine managers including Benitez since Abramovich brought the club 10 years ago and although he likes the Blues current manager, Chelsea are 11 points behind current table toppers Manchester United and the fans don’t seem to be warming to him either.
David Moyes could be the next manager of the London club as it is not yet known if he will be renewing his contract with his current team, Everton.
- Tottenham – Looking to sign French international Yann M’Vila while QPR are also in pursuit.
Spurs showed signs of interest in signing the midfielder from Stade Rennais FC. QPR have already made a £6.2m bid but Andre Vilas Boas needs a quick fix for injured Sandro, who is out of action for the rest of the season.
- Barcelona – Victor Valdes has made the decision not to renew his contract, and leave the Barca goal after over a decade. Their main interests to replae him are 20-year-old Chelsea keeper Thibaut Courtois, who is on loan at Atletico Madrid and keen to stay in Spain and have prepared a £10m bid for the keeper to join them in the summer.
- Arsenal – Since the exit of Robin Van Persie, Arsenal haven’t been at their best and look desperate to find a new star to take the team to the top four, if Arsene Wenger doesn’t act quickly then the Gunners will miss out. Wenger has his eye on Celtic midfielder Victor Wanyama who has also been spotted by Manchester United. Wanyama seems to be looking for a change after refusing to renew his current contract even though the Scottish team is hoping to keep the defensive midfielder. They are also said to be watching Real Madrid midfielder and ex Tottenham star Luka Modric who hasn’t had the season he wanted at the Spanish team.
- Manchester City – Manchester City’s Carlos Tevez has stated that he wants to return to Argentina once his contract ends.
The Argentinean stated in a radio interview that City are looking for him to renew his contract by summer 2014 but he wants to go back to Boca Juniors, the team that kicked off his career in 2001.
His feelings about the club were evident in his five month unofficial absence he mentioned in the interview that he came close to quitting football last year but wants to retire in a Boca Juniors shirt.
- Norwich – Norwich manager Chris Hughton is looking for a new striker, but can’t afford to spend too much.
There have been links to Celtic’s Gary Hooper after a bid from the Canaries was turned down. A revised offer is said to now be in the pipeline but Hughton has said that they can’t afford to compete with other Premier League clubs.